Live and Study University in Germany

About Education in Germany

Germany, officially Federal Republic of Germany, is a country in central-western Europe. Country’s population is approximately 82 million and its capital city is Berlin. Germany is one of the founder members of the European Union and is a part of Schengen area, its currency is Euro. Official language of the country is German, its international dialing code is 49 and local time difference with Turkey is 1 hour.

University Degrees

The bachelor’s degree is a first-level university qualification and in a bachelor’s degree programme, you learn the fundamentals of a specific subject in six to eight semesters.

The master’s degree is the second-level university qualification which takes another two to four semesters, enables you to expand or deepen the knowledge you’ve already gained. 

State examination

If you want to work in Germany as a doctor, lawyer, teacher or pharmacist, you will have to pass a state examination. You are allowed to take your First State Examination after completing a study programme in Law, Medicine, Pharmacy or a subject for teacher certification. After that, you begin a professional, practical training period to prepare for the Second State Examination and/or pursue a doctorate. The state examination is not an academic degree – it’s a state-recognised degree.

Doctoral study programmes conclude with the conferral of a doctoral title (PhD). During your studies, you are required to write a research paper (dissertation). The duration of your PhD programme depends on the topic of your research project, but usually takes between two and five years.

General Admission Requirements

University Entrance Qualification

If you want to study at a German university, you will need “university entrance qualification’’. This is a school-leaving certificate which qualifies you for university study. If your secondary-school certificate is deemed insufficient for study in Germany, you will have to attend a foundation course (Good German language skills are a prerequisite) before you are allowed to enrol.

The first thing to do is to find out whether your university entrance qualification is recognised in Germany. Simply enter the country where you attained your secondary school-leaving certificate.

You will then learn whether your certificate is

  • recognised as qualification for general university admission
  • recognised only for subject-restricted university admission (i.e. for study in a limited subject area)
  • recognised only in combination with one or two years of successful university study in your home country
  • not recognised as university entrance qualification.

In the end, the university itself is responsible for making the final decision on admissions.

Aptitude Test

If you want to find out if you are generally in a position to cope with the demands of a German university, the TestAS (Test für Ausländische Studierende) is a useful guide. This test is a mixture of language test, specialist questions concerning your subject and testing your cognitive capability.

With good results, you can improve your chances of being admitted for studies at a German university. You can take the TestAS several times a year at the TestAS testing centres around the world.

Health Insurance

If you’d like to study in Germany, you have to have health insurance. You will need to present proof of health insurance when you enrol at university and apply for a residence permit.

German Skills

For most degree programmes, knowledge of German is a prerequisite for admission to German university. You can prove your German language proficiency by taking a language test, such as the TestDaF or DSH. However, you don’t need to know German if you intend on enrolling in an international degree programme.

Proof of Financial Resources

Before you begin your studies, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself. The document you need is called a “Finanzierungsnachweis”, or proof of financial resources. You are asked for it when you apply for an entry visa. At the latest, you will need to present it when you apply for a residence permit in Germany. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 8,700 euros at their disposal for one year.

Visa and Residence Permit

As an international student you may need an entry visa for Germany depending on where you come from and how long you plan to stay here. For more information about visa requirements, contact the German embassy or German consulate in your home country. You can find the address on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.

Documents and Deadlines

You must submit several additional documents along with your application form, including:

  • certified copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. high school diploma)
  • certified copies of all university certificates you have received thus far
  • passport photo
  • copy of your passport (page with your name and photo)
  • foreign language certificates

Copies of certificates are only recognised if they are officially certified. Not only do you need certified copies of your certificates in their original language, but also certified copies of their translations.

These translations have to be done by certified translators. If you want to send a copy of a translation, even the copy has to be certified. Some universities accept English documents as well.

You can have your documents certified by the German diplomatic mission in your home country. It is also possible to have documents certified by the responsible department of the institution that issued the certificate.


The following dates and deadlines are valid at most universities:

For winter semester enrolment:

  • Application period: from around the end of May to 15 July
  • Acceptance letters are sent out in August / September.
  • Rejection letters are sent out in September / October.

For summer semester enrolment:

  • Application period: from the beginning of December to 15 January
  • Acceptance letters are sent out in February / March.
  • Rejection letters are sent out in March / April.

Deadlines vary at some universities. And some degree programmes only commence in the winter semester, which means that the application period may end earlier than indicated above.

Costs of Living

Rent and utilities

€ 298

Food and drink

€ 165


€ 52

Learning materials

€ 30

Car and public transportation

€ 82

Health insurance, medical costs, medicine

€ 66

Telephone, internet, TV

€ 33

Recreation, culture, sports

€ 68


€ 794



Please contact us for further information and enrollment process.

Telephone: +90 312 431 78 96

Mobile: + 90 505 287 30 20


  • 1 June 2020, Monday
, , ,


English & Certificate Programs

English & Certificate Programs

Certificate Programs, VIP group and One-to-One English, TOEFL IBT, TOEIC and IELTS courses

Education Abroad Services

Education Abroad Services

Study Abroad Programs in the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Eurpean Countries.

International Cultural Exchange

International Cultural Exchange

Work Experience at Walt Disney World, Cultural Exchange programs in the USA, Europe and Turkey

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Here, you can see the photos of our students and clients who recieved service from us.

Video Gallery

Video Gallery

You can watch our videos related to our students, services and some activities.

Testimonials About Candelas

Testimonials About Candelas

Here, You can read the testimonials from our students, teachers working with us and our clients.

Read the testimonials about us and write your comments.


While taking your English lessons online from MyECO in specially designed virtual classrooms, you will not feel a need for a face to face classroom lesson.

Candelas Education is 14 years old

MyECO Online English

While taking your English lessons online from MyECO in specially designed virtual classrooms, you will not feel a need for a face to face classroom lesson.All the content of MyECO has been designed suitable to the levels of The Common European Framework of Languages. Our video lessons have been prepared carefully and exclusively. You will learn through intensive exercises and drills.







University Application Services for Germany

University Application Services for Germany