- HOME PAGE
- ABOUT US
- EDUCATION SERVICES
- ONLINE EDUCATION
- CONTACT US
Imagine you have been studying English for years, took many courses for this but still it is not on the level you want. Your grammar is fine, you are getting good scores from the tests but you cannot communicate. Or you have difficulty in spending time to go to a foreign language course in Turkey. The solution is to complete your foreign language education in the native language country.
COURSES IN THE LANGUAGE SCHOOLS ABROAD
The programmes in the language schools are prepared taking the aims of the people and the area they are going to use it into consideration. These programmes can be put together under a few main topics though are different in every school with different names.
General Language Courses:
General language programmes are the ones prepared according to the needs of the people who want to gain the daily language ability. In these courses, it is aimed to improve the speaking, listening, writing and reading skills. Students build up their language mastery through theatre, some kinds of games, discussions and writing exercises in the classroom environment by communicating with the students from other nationalities and their teachers. General language courses are given in some levels and it is paid a great attention on putting the students in the classrooms that are available for their levels and needs.
In these courses given especially in the summer months, it is provided practice programmes as well as the basic foreign language courses. The university students and employees can also attend to these courses that are organized for the adults.
Exam Preparation Courses:
These courses are prepared to help the students who will take international language examinations with the exam system besides general English. The most widespread exams that have international determinant are TOEFL in almost every country and IELTS in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. The students who want to attend to examination preparation courses need to intermediate language level at least. You can also attend to GRE, GMAT and SAT examination preparation courses only in the American schools abroad. You can attend to these examination preparation courses every month for the above mentioned exams required for MBA, master and bachelor’s degree by the American universities. The courses take four weeks generally and 25 hours of study they necessitate in the classroom and laboratories or individual work. If you think attending to these courses, you should apply before 8 weeks of the courses’ beginning dates.
Specific Purpose Language Courses:
The most widespread of these programmes is ‘’language for business’’ during which terms about business and techniques of correspondence, speaking and meeting are taught. Business English courses, arranged especially in the English speaking countries by many schools, appeal to professionals from every branch. It is also possible to find technical language courses in the specific areas. Though less in number, there can be found short term programmes for the professionals in medicine, law and tourism fields.
These programmes are for the top executives having limited time and the ones who want to improve themselves in a way to meet their needs in the business life. You can improve your English via this intensive course and communicate more efficiently. It is aimed to make the executive gain the necessary capability in the subjects like strong communication, bargaining, presentation and honoring period.
Academic Year Programmes:
Academic year or half year programmes are ideal programmes both for the students planning to get education in the foreign language abroad or in Turkey and everyone who wants to improve his/her level of English. While academic half year programmes takes generally 20-24 weeks, the period of the academic programmes is 32-36 weeks. These programmes are also called as economic packet since they are %30 cheaper than any other programme starting in any other time.
English for Teachers:
The aim of this programme is to increase the mastery of the foreign language teachers whose native language is not English. During the course, the subjects like language analysis, teaching strategies, curriculum design, lesson planning, improving pronunciation, increasing the vocabulary knowledge, evaluation and grading, error analysis and correction. Moreover, you can be a teacher abroad by the help of the CELTA and TEFL certificates you are going to get from these courses.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE AND ABILITY EXAMS AVAILABLE ABROAD
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – an exam to be excused from English preparation class.
2. SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) - an exam necessary for applying to undergraduate programme in U.S.A organized by the College Board.
3. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – an English competency exam to be excused from English preparation class in Turkey and universities in England, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and U.S.A.
For further information, please contact to: www.britishcouncil.org.tr
4. GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) – an exam done by Educational Testing Service (ETS) and administered by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) consisting of 131 schools having MBA.
5. GRE (Graduate Record Examination) – an exam to be taken for master and doctorate in the universities giving education in English in U.S.A. and other countries. It is also done by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
6. LSAT (Law School Admission Test) – is a half-day exam to be taken as 200 law faculties member of Law School Admission Council (LSAC) necessitate.
7. MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) – is an exam for medical students as to predict their chance of completing the medical education successfully.
8. USMLE (The United States Medical Licensing Examination) – a three staged exam necessary for the equality of the medical education taken outside the U.S.A. with the medical education in the U.S.A.
Here, you can see the photos of our students and clients who recieved service from us.
You can watch our videos related to our students, services and some activities.
Here, You can read the testimonials from our students, teachers working with us and our clients.